Osprey® Complete is fully automatic flatness, distortion and anisotropy measurement system for 100% on-line inspection of tempered glass products. The system is based on patented optics, high-speed cameras and powerful algorithms. Designed for harsh factory conditions, the system is rugged, reliable and requires little maintenance.
Osprey® Complete is the only quality measurement system for tempered glass, which measures anisotropy and all kind of distortions, such as roller waves, edge lift, bi-stable glass, pocket distortion, cross conveyor distortion, picture framing, corner lift, etc. , which can not be detected by other systems, manual inspections by the norm or visually.
Developed in partnership with Stress Photonics, the global supplier in optical stress analysis, the measurement of anisotropy is based on measuring retardation of light in nanometers. The system is compatible with the ASTM C1901-21 standard.
The results are immediately available after tempering; the defective glass can be removed from the process and corrective adjustments taken before the glass is being delivered to the customer or further processed to laminated safety glass, fire glass, or insulation glass. The system also shows trends and the Process Control Advisor advise the operator to take action before the threshold for rejection is passed. The results can be saved, documented and later traceable, if needed. The operator interface is clear and easy-to-learn. The display shows the results numerically and graphically.
- Overall Bow Recognition (OBR)
- White Haze prediction
- Glass thickness 2-19mm, width 500-3300mm
- Float, Low-E, tinted and high performance glasses
- Colour-coded distortion maps shows 3D visualization of optical topography and 2D side profiles
- True millidopter (mD) optical measurement accuracy & peak-to-valley values (mm)
- Built-in barcode scanner to track each part in the quality database
- Data outputs in many formats for easy integration
- Integration to factory ERP