The Avalon® coating technology combines organic and inorganic chemistry at the molecular level. Avalon® coatings are evolving by continuous product development at Millidyne’s modern research laboratory and in collaboration with customers, as well as research partners in Finland and other European countries.
Avalon® wet chemical coatings can be used to significantly alter the way in which material surfaces interact with their environments. Durable Avalon® coatings improve hygiene and cleanliness of surfaces and products. Furthermore, we have developed and commercialized numerous coating products for our customers, who have used them to modify for example scratch resistance, electrical conductivity, ice adhesion and optical properties. Avalon® coatings provide substantial added value and cost savings by means such as lower maintenance costs and longer product life cycles.
Avalon® Glass coating is used in a wide range of applications. The coating is easy to apply, enabling it to be used in the manufacturing industry, as well as in locations where products are used and the coating is applied for maintenance purposes.
- Hydrophobic and hygienic surface
- Fast and easy to clean
- Scratch resistance
- conformity with REACH- ja RoHS-standards
- Application by wiping, spraying or automatically on-line depending on quantity
- Maintenance treatment at site available
- Appliance industry: refrigerators, shower doors and cabinets, kitchen equipment
- Balconies, handrails and terrace glazing
- Spa, swimming halls and other public area glass
- Public transportation & automotive glass
- Public outdoor furniture, buss shelters
- Other applications prone to dust and dirt, which are difficult to clean
- Glass applications, which need special performance (deicing, scratch resistance,…)